We know how important it is too keep your family or business up and running. Our factory trained and highly skilled technicians can quickly install a NH generator to insure that your family or business is safe and secure from even the harshest New England weather. In order to truly maintain your NH generator, it’s a good idea to have a professional service once a year. Remember, the service to your NH generator should always be left to you Chamberlin electric professionals! Here at Chamberlin Electric, we care about the safety of you and your NH generator. Here are tips for operating safely:
- Always read and follow the manufacturer’s manual. Every generator is slightly different; therefore, it’s critical that you completely understand the manufacturer’s instructions. Chamberlin Electric’s generator experts are also here to answer any questions you may have.
- Never run your NH generator in an enclosed space or near an open window. Generators emit carbon monoxide, which can be life-threatening in even the smallest amounts. Dangerous levels can also be blown into an open window or open vent from outside.
- Use caution with the any generator fuel. Whether it’s diesel, propane or gasoline, always store in a safe place away from the generator.
- Do not touch or operate in wet conditions. Your generator produces powerful electrical currents. To avoid the risk of electrocution, do not operate if it is wet or the surrounding area is wet.
- Never plug directly into a home electrical outlet. This can cause a dangerous condition resulting in a fire. If you are connecting your generator to your home electrical system, have a qualified Chamberlin electrician install a power transfer to carry the electricity from the generator to your home.
Always be certain to follow the above safety tips and have your NH generator professionally maintained on a yearly basis. For more information regarding your NH generator, contact Chamberlin Electric at (603) 595-9473.